Whether you have experienced a flood or water emergency, or you have a chronic mold damage problem, there are many dangers to hiring an unprofessional company to perform your mold removal and mold remediation. Mold is fast and stealthy; it can take hold of your walls and your health in as little as 48 hours, and cause untold mold damage. Mold remediation is a difficult process with many steps, and the stakes are high. If you hire an unprofessional company for your mold removal, you risk your time, money, and health. Taking the time to hire a professional mold remediation company can prove to be a worthwhile experience leaving you with ultimate peace of mind.
Mold Remediation is a Difficult Process
If you have a small black spot of mold damage in your shower, this type of mold removal is not a hassle, but if you have experienced a flood or a chronic water leak, mold remediation is both costly and tedious. There are many steps to the process, and this is why you need to do your homework to hire a professional and recommended company for mold removal.
- Identify the source of the water and therefore the mold. Stop the leak, fix the pipes, and make sure the water problem will not return.
- Contain the mold problem so mold spores don’t seep into other parts of the house. This includes using plastics and negative air pressure to encapsulate the mold damage.
- Remove all of the mold in sealed bags so the mold spores don’t escape while you clean. This may involve cutting out drywall, ripping out insulation, and removing furniture that cannot be salvaged.
- Disinfect the entire area with ozone machines and foggers. This will ensure that you can reach into all cracks and crevices in a room to eradicate the hidden mold damage.
- The last step is to clear the area, and ensure that the mold remediation has worked. Professionals give this process a grade to show whether the area is safe.
Mold Can Significantly Damage your Health
Mold can cause a plethora of health concerns. Mold can arrive a mere 48 hours after water damage, and one of the tell-tale signs is a physical reaction from those who live in your house. Mold causes symptoms that masquerade as allergies or a cold, such as itchy, watery eyes, a cough, and rashes. Joint pain, headaches, confusion, and even gastrointestinal problems can all be attributed to mold. If mold removal and remediation is not performed quickly, these health problems are exacerbated and can become more serious.
Inferior Companies Can Waste Time and Money
If you hire an unprofessional mold remediation company, you face the possibility of wasting time and money. Mold remediation takes a delicate balance. There are many “tricks to the trade,” and an average or mediocre company will not be able to perform each procedure that is needed with care. Do your homework and read the reviews so you do not get stuck with a poorly executed job. If you have to start over from scratch because you hired an unprofessional company to start with, you will waste time, money, and the health of your family.
The dangers of hiring an unprofessional mold remediation company are vast. Because of the difficult and tedious process involved in each step of the remediation process, you risk a lot if you hire an inferior company. Your health, your budget, and your time are all at stake. The remediation process involves many steps, and hiring a reputable company to perform these steps will save you time and money in the long run.
For a consultation and to schedule an appointment contact us today at 833-545-6653