Due to its location and proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, Port Republic New Jersey’s cold winters and warm, humid summers can be a perfect breeding ground for dangerous mold growth.
Mold is a common problem in residential and commercial properties in New Jersey, especially older ones with poor ventilation, but removing it is only part of the solution. Not only can mold be hazardous to your health, but it can cause severe damage to your building structure so Mold Removal in Port Republic, NJ must be done immediately.
Exposure to dangerous mold types can cause a variety of unwanted health effects including:
- Allergic reactions
- Breathing issues
- Unpleasant, musty odors
- Discoloration of walls and other affected areas
- Structural Damage
- Health hazards to people and even pets
If you suspect or have discovered mold growth in your home or business, let the experts at Kill Mold remove and remediate your mold problems and give yourself the peace of mind you deserve.
What Causes Mold Growth?
Mold is a natural fungus that needs moisture to survive. It can grow on almost any surface including wood, paper, carpet or food. Mold reproduces by releasing spores throughout the air which, when left alone, can have hazardous health effects and cause damage to building structures.
Molds needs three things to grow:
The sources of moisture that promote mold growth can be caused by anything from faulty plumbing, leaks in your roof, leaks in your basement, leaks in your crawlspaces, or from damage sustained from a storm like Hurricane Sandy in 2012.
The best way to prevent mold growth is by controlling moisture. Building materials can be damaged by direct contact with water or from elevated humidity (secondary damage).
The Most Common Types of Mold Found In New Jersey Homes
There are 3 general categories of mold: allergenic, pathogenic and toxic. Allergenic molds are not likely to cause illness but can cause allergic reactions in those that are allergic to mold and trigger asthmatic reactions. Pathogenic molds can cause infections in those allergic to mold and those that are not allergic. This kind of mold is more dangerous to children and elderly. Toxic molds are the most threatening because they produce mycotoxins, which are poisonous to humans.
An allergenic mold that has pathogenic and toxic species of severity. Toxic aspergillus produces aflatoxins, a carcinogen. The most common allergy symptom is lung inflammation, respiratory infection and asthma attacks.
Cladosporium can grow in warm and cool environments making carpet, upholstery, wood flooring and cabinetry ideal places for it to grow. It is typically olive green or brown in color and has a suede-like texture and can cause breathing and respiratory difficulties as well as skin infections.
Stachybotrys Chartarum (Black Mold)
The most notoriously common type of mold is stachybotrys chartarum, or black mold. This toxic mold grows best in wet, humid conditions and can grow on wood, paper, and even cardboard. Its texture is slimy and is dark green or black in color. Exposure to this mold can cause chest tightness, fever, nose bleeds and pulmonary bleeding in children and infants.
This allergenic mold flourishes in damp areas, like bathrooms. Alternaria is velvet textured with dark green or brown hairs and can cause allergic reactions such as asthma-like symptoms in the upper respiratory tract, nose, and mouth.
What to do if you suspect mold in Port Republic, New Jersey
Since mold is a common problem in New Jersey, having a professional Mold Removal Company on call can be one of the most important things you can do. Mold Removal in Port Republic, NJ should always be handled by a licensed Mold Removal Company like the professionals at Kill Mold, but what should you do if you suspect mold? Let’s take a look…
- Find and Repair the Root Source of the Mold Growth: The key to removing and remediating mold, regardless of color, is to identify and repair the root cause of the problem to prevent it from coming back. Kill Mold can help you locate the cause – whether it’s a failing HVAC system, leaking pipes, crawlspaces, basements, or roofs. A professional Mold Test and Mold Inspection done by a licensed contractor is always the best course of action if you suspect mold to address the issue.
- Determine the Type of Mold: Once the cause of the mold is found and repaired, the type of mold should be identified by a professional Mold Testing and Mold Inspection Company like Kill Mold. There are 3 general categories of mold: allergenic, pathogenic and toxic. Allergenic molds can cause allergic reactions and trigger asthmatic reactions. Pathogenic molds can cause infections in those allergic to mold and those that are not allergic. This kind of mold is typically more dangerous to children and elderly. Toxic molds are the most threatening because they produce mycotoxins, which are poisonous to humans. Regardless of the type of mold you have, it’s imperative to address it right away to prevent health issues or building damage.
- Remove and Remediate the Mold: Once the professional Mold Testing has been done and the type of mold is identified, it’s time to remove and remediate the mold to prevent future growth and damage. If the mold cannot be cleaned up from the affected surfaces, then you must remove the damaged areas completely and remediate the mold. Sometimes this can mean a complete tear down of wood framing, flooring, sub flooring, siding, roofs, carpet etc and sometimes it’s as easy as removing and replacing some drywall or cabinets. In either situation, Mold removal in Port Republic, New Jersey should always be handled by licensed professionals with the right equipment and training.
The presence of Mold should never be taken lightly. Mold can affect your health and even the health of your pets and has been linked to many diseases and it should be removed immediately.
Kill Mold removes mold by utilizing beyond green cleaning technologies and services that are 100% natural, powerfully effective, and safe for the planet, people, and pets.. Call Kill Mold’s Port Republic, NJ team for expert mold testing, mold removal and mold remediation for your home or business.
- Immediate Action – We provide 24-hour property damage remediation services.
- Moisture Detection– The experts at Kill Mold are able to discover unseen moisture in your home or business so we can stop the root cause and help prevent future mold issues.
- Insurance Accepted – Kill Mold handles the insurance paperwork and deals directly with most insurance companies.
- Full Service – Every part of your mold removal needs are handled from mold testing, mold inspection, removing smells, and mold remediation.
Kill Mold In Egg Harbor Township New Jersey
Kill Mold has been your trusted leader for Mold Removal, Water Damage Restoration, and Fire/Smoke Damage Restoration for over 10 years. We provide 24-hour emergency service and are dedicated to responding faster to any emergency no matter how small or large. Our technicians have the training and resources needed to provide peace of mind in your time of need. We’re locally owned and operated and can respond immediately to your emergency. We provide beyond green cleaning technologies and services that are 100% natural, powerfully effective, and safe for the planet, people, and pets. Our services include mold removal, mold remediation, and more. Our products are safe and completely organic so there are no harmful chemicals used in any of our mold remediation and removal services.
For a consultation and to schedule an appointment contact us today at 833-545-6653